Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Monitoring my wireless router!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptuser_eda

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello! I bought recently a wireless router to FON (www.fon.com) it's a Linksys wrt54gl and i want a monitor soft to monitoring the people how connecto to my router. Anyone now a good soft to do that!

Tkx.

I believe what you are looking for is called a sniffer, Google returns lots of hits for wireless sniffer.

Hi,

If you are just looking to see if someone else rather than you is trying to connect, the browser interface of any dsl router indicates the physical and logical addresses for the connected devices.

otherwise, you can use a wireless sniffer (airsnort to name one)

If you are using wep (the data will ofcourse be encrypted and you will need to decrypt it using your wep key)

Regards,
Hassan

I only want a soft that regist/detect if anyone more are connect to my wireless router. With a graphic interface.

I think you need to read ur router manual. Now days if u go to router setup there are option for WAN enable and disable u can setup a hex keys too... so that would do the work for u.

Status
Not open for further replies.