Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tutorial about matching techniques to 50 Ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

safwatonline

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
i need a good tuturial about matching techniques to 50 Ohm, in ICs , both in input and output

matching

referece some rf book.

Re: matching

what kind of matching , lumped elements , or distributed , and do u want it using a smith chart techniques

khouly

safwatonline

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
matching

i don't have any experience in this field, so any simple tuturial will be great.
i am doing a mixer and i want to match its RF port and maybe the LO port too, i used to see some matching is done for something like Limiting amplifier by just adding the dc bias through a 50 ohm resistance , but i was wodering if is there other techniques.

Re: matching

yeah , there are alot matching techniques and every one has it is usages

but if ur talking about RFIC , then if the LNA , will be conncetd directrly to mixer input and the space between them is less than λg/4 there will be no need for matching , but if ur talking about larger spacing then u need , as far as i know on chip matching will be use a luped element matching like LC section or even L or C alone will do the job
"for this check van der tang lecture about LNA output matching"

also check gonzalez book the chapter 2 "matching networks " , it is very helpfull
u can find t here

khouly

safwatonline

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back