Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

US jobs on the increase !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinkie

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Despite outsourcing and moving Departments overseas US Tech jobs are on the increase. This suggest that our industry is doing well

**broken link removed**

I'm in the US and it seems to me that people are actually hiring more. Finally..

gliss said:
I'm in the US and it seems to me that people are actually hiring more. Finally..

I think it is a periodic thing, and it was 2-3 years (at least) with little hiring ... but thing are picking up.

Good news :)

It seems more software than hardware.:cry:

Hello Gliss .

Could u please tell us inwhich exact field do the companies hiring .. i am a into LOW power VLSI design ( EDA tools) , is it possible to find a job in US ..

suresh

thatz bad! i guess the focus is into nano.

research235 said:
Hello Gliss .

Could u please tell us inwhich exact field do the companies hiring .. i am a into LOW power VLSI design ( EDA tools) , is it possible to find a job in US ..

suresh
I see some hiring for back end jobs. Layout, timing and verificiation. People like TI, Fairchild, Actel, Altera, IBM, Harris.

hello gliss /..

well i am working exactly in the fields u mentioned .. i have exp in layouts, asic flow and verification ... but i guess we can apply to those companies only if we are already in US r if we have legal visa to work in US ..
and is there any chance that theu can sponsor our visa..

suresh

I don't know much about the status for foreign workers. I notice many of these places have design places outside the US though.

Hi,
I am a Computer Engineer specialized in VLSI and Digital(FPGA, HDL) and Embedded Designing(Ucontrollers, C) with working experience of almost one year in Digital Embedded Designing. Now a days working as Embedded Software Engineer in Pakistan.

I feel, I am having good Developing skills in my field. But here are some problems in me like due to which USA would not like to accept me (even when I prove my skills)

1) Religion Problem (I am muslim)

2) Geographic Area Problem (I am in Pakistan)

3) Face Problem (I have Hairs on my Face)

4) Financial Problem (as 1$ = 60 Rs)

5) Language Problem (I am well in english but not have IELTS till now)

I am willing to learn modern technologies(like Nanoech) and willing to play my role in the Technology Era.

and I feel USA is better choice for that, I am willing for study visa in USA 4 masters. What do you suggest ... should I try ... or am I wasting my time?
:D ...........

so fahad u want to do MS.....if u really wanted to enhance ur knowledge n skills then MS is good option BUT

1. 2 years of MS after 2 years of work experience is good OR equivalence 4 years of Exp in Industry is more advisable???

2. very imp....What abt Job.....say after doing MS...howz chance of getting job over there...

3. Religion is not the matter.....if we dont mind it doesnt matter...

You are very right v ... but only when we think in financial terms and focus on family problems and needs ... but till now I am single and so i donot have much family resposibilities and i am willing to use that time before traping in marriage :D... so my first focus is to learn moreeeee

although financially ... my family also expect me a bit but they also want me to study as they also feel i can and i should ... also i will try to manage some little job with study ...

1. 2 years of MS after 2 years of work experience is good OR equivalence 4 years of Exp in Industry is more advisable??? ........
but my case is very different as i am in Pakistan (asia)
1) Financially .....as i told 1$ = 60 Rs
2) Learning ........ in my country most of industry is not doing develpment but rather testing, debuging etc ... so very less learning

2. very imp....What abt Job.....say after doing MS...howz chance of getting job over there.............................
but my case is again very different as i am in Pakistan (asia)
after one year of Computer engineering atleast 50 of my classfellows are jobless ........ almost 30 left their engineering field and entered in sales, marketing, billing etc........ 10% in teaching ........ 6 % entered in Networking, telecom and started testing, debugging ........... only 4% (me and my fellow) got job in our original field (Embedded Designing) and only we are on developing side .........
So hopfully that would not be a problem ......:D

3. Religion is not the matter.....if we dont mind it doesnt matter......... Let ccccccc:D

So you mean I should try 4 US or not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back