Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

INTERFACING GRAPHIC LCD ssd1289

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitinrakheja

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ssd1289

I am trying to procure a graphic LCD and interface it with pic18F452 or pic16F877A . Can some one please guide me which LCD should i procure and the way of programming it. I am using "mikroc" . i think it supports only 128x64 GLCD. Please send in help at nitinrakheja@yahoo.com
thanx

glcd mikroc

What is the logic behind graphics LCD. For example 128X64. How to drive this.

ssd1289 datasheet

Have interfaced

1. T6963C LCD with 16F877a. Can be modified for resolution other than 128x64 by changing the MAX_WIDTH and MAX_HEIGHT
2. A color LCD of 128x160. Controller is Samsung S6B33BC. The uP is 18LF4550. The intention is to develop a photo album with SD card.
3. Not related to PIC, but this project is more involved with AT89S52. The LCD is KS0108-based 128x64 LCD.

All source code download at

www.TechToys.com.hk

Because all three LCDs requires 8-bit parallel port, they can be accessed via discrete I/O manner, or memory mapped manner. All examples above make use of discrete I/O manner for easier porting to other uPs. However, the side effect is that, the operation is slower. For faster and more efficient LCD access, memory mapped method should be used.

John

interfacing graphic lcd

humm..

photo album will be nice...

are you working on it??

Added after 35 minutes:

humm..

are you working on it??

graphic lcd interfacing

are you working on it??

Yes, please refer to my web site at www.TechToys.com.hk

Right now, the USB Mass Storage works nice (as it is a Microchip application anyway!). Color LCD also working, in the sense that I could display a picture of 65k color on screen. There remains to write the jpeg decode software for the PIC. Honestly, no idea how to do it yet. Any link or comment would be welcome.

John Leung

glcd interfacing

heya :D

the 2.2" TFT LCD module on PCB with CAT32 LED driver is a interresting toy for 40$ ...
I think i am going to get one or 2 from you :)

i mail you soon

cya

how to drive graphic lcd

Thank you. and I have just updated the driver the that 2.2" TFT LCD module for PIC18. However, its full power has not been unladhed yet. It should be able for animation display. Still working on it.

John Leung

Last edited by a moderator:

graphic lcd interface

Hope the Pic Complier have the sample code of Driving the Graphical LCD . Try to that code and share the ideas what the problem ur facing while interfacing.

ssd1289.c

TechToys , you are true when you say for ... animation ;)
I have send you my Rotating 3D cube and a BreakOut Game.
You will see that the display do it very ''Fluid'' :)
I have to implement some other routines on the SSD1289 driver , but as
you will see , it's ROCK ! :D
What you have to look on programming is that you never go outside the screen
with your Pixels coordinates , or the screen become flashy when he try to write outside the coords .
Another point to know is that you need a routine like Delay_Cycles(1); when your
PIC run at more than 32Mhz. (Only in the LCD_CMD and LCD_Data routines) ,
or the screen will loose data or interpret wrong commands.
but well , with the speed of this TFT i think we can do ALOT fun stuff !!

Cya latter , i have a TFT to play with ;)

ssd1289 driver

heya all :)

I post my SSD1289 driver here.
It's to control the 2.2" color TFT from Techtoys.

@ Techtoys : apparently your mailbox dont allow zipped file , fix it :)

On this file you will found 2 "CCS C " project.

One is a 3D Cube rotating on the screen .
The other is a Breakout , just one level , programmed in like 30min to show
how the screen work.
The Hex files are for PIC18F4680 , but you can use smaller PIC easy , it take
very low ammount of ROM/RAM (the 3D Cube a little more because the pre calculate sin/cos table).
The SSD1289.c file is the TFT controller driver itself.
So , i think i say you all you need to know.
Other info are on readme.txt ;)

Enjoy !

Reactions: CRSM

CRSM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
working with ssd1289

Hi ;)

All my bla bla is ok but ... some pics from the result will be better.

I hope you found this litte project interresting for you :)

Cya.
[/img]

pic18f glcd

Hello,
I was wondering how you would go about changing the code for the PIC18f452, im still new to PICs and when i start looking at code i get lost. any ideas would be great. Im thinking about using the 24f to better use the display. Thank you

glcd ccs

Hi,

This driver will work on every Pic.
The only you have to change for other Pic model is the header you include in you main file, i use it for the 18F4680 , if you use the CCS C Compiler then juste make a new project with the project wizard and select your CPU.
Then copy/paste my code to your new project.
Now for use other pins from your cpu to control the screen just change the:
#define glcd_wr PIN_C0
#define glcd_rd PIN_C1
#define glcd_cs PIN_C2
#define glcd_cd PIN_C6
in what you want for your PIC , this some lines are in the drivers file ''SSD1289.c''
For the data port i use the 'D' port , if you have to use another port like the PortB then just replace all :
Output_D(.....); in Output_B(...);
Just as info , last time i was on TechToys page this screen was in grey , probably discontinued for better ones or bigger ;)
If you want to use that screen better than with a 8 bits controller , then look that your controller can adresse a full 16Bits port for send the data to the 16 bits data port from the screen , it can then be 2x faster.
But be carrefull how fast you send the data !! , or you will get glitch or your screen will not work.
Atm , i use the 18F4680 at 40Mhz (10 Mips) and it work like a charm.

Cya ;)

Reactions: CRSM

CRSM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
glcd_set_side

Good work.

I am starting with PIC18F452.

I have wondered that they have 1500+ byte's of RAM.

They are perfect for interfacing GLCD.

ccs glcd

Hey guys i'm extremely new at this, but have any of you tried to program a jhd12864 graphic lcd with a PIC18F452 or a PIC16F877A?
When i tried running the test program available in the mikroC manual, the graphics were out of focus and i'm not sure what is the matter... any ideas guys?

graphical lcd interface

Hey guys the thing is, the GLCD is actually functioning pretty well. But I can't seem to centralize the picture. As shown in the pic i've attached. I've tried using Library routines such as Glcd_Set_Side(0), yet I still get the same thing. Maybe it's because I do not know how to use it properly.

ssd1289 code

I have no experience of mikroC but I have checked the manual now.

Just to eliminate the simple things - are you using a PIC18?
It says in the manual that the GLCD routines only work with the PIC18 family.

/Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.