Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help LDO 60mA Load 5v-2.5v

Status
Not open for further replies.

weny0247

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Now I need to design LDO ,about 100mA Load, From 5v to 2.5v !Please give some
advise !Thanks!

One option is the LM431 - zener shunt regulator:
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

There are many good papers on LDO by Rincon Mora. Just google - LDO Rincon Mora... you ll get enough papers.

First u need to design an opamp ( p - input ) and then use it in negative feedback mode. you ll find the circuit diagram in Rincon Mora papers. Its the standard circuit.

You can go for pmos drop-out element or nmos drop-out element depending on your outout voltage. if u use nmos drop-out element , there are no stability issues but maximum output voltage u can get is one vt less than supply. If u want higher output voltage, u have to go for pmos drop-out element but there r stability issues. u have to use compensation.

regards
cinch

Thanks Cinch and Ianp! I Have select LDO! througn simulation! I have implent its purpose! my english is poor!plese forgive me!!hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.