Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to add stimulus in a nanosim-vcs mixed-signal simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildwood

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vcsad.init

In a mixed-signal simulation , how do we add stimulus in to the design ?shall we add digital/analog stimulus seperately ?

I don't know wheather what i think is right , so if anybody give me some hints , I will appreciate very much .
Verilog-top
vcs files.v +ad=vcsAD.init

we can add digital stimulus in the verilog-top module in " initial " procesure , and in the vcsAD.init file , add this command
choose nanosim -nspi top.subA.spi -nvec file.vec -C cfg

Is it all right ? I did so ,but in the _uod.out file , i can't see the vector stimulus adding into the spice netlist .

SPICE-top
I don't know how to simulate a SPICE-top mixed-signal simulation .

how to write the top spice subckt ?

just initiate the spice netlist and verilog module , and use .connect statement to connect the mixed signal ?

what command should be used when simulation , vcs ?

I can add vector stimulus into spice by adding a command into the vcsAD.init , but how to add digital stimulus ??

nanosim vcs

For synopsys nanosim-vcs mixed-signal simulation flow, vcs is the master simulator engine, So whenever you use spice-top or verilog-top, you can
use digital domain stimulus to your DUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back