Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to convert c code to hex

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohamed saleh

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
c to hex compiler

i have wrote a code in C language for 8051 and i want to compile it and convert it to hex file
how can i do this

i tried keil uvision2 but i couldnt compile it

please help

compile c to hex

I haven't used keil, but I have run into this issue with other compilers.

What I sometimes do is have the linker generate a binary executable, then run a conversion program (of my own design) to convert the executable to intel hex or whatever other hex format is needed.

convert c to hex file

Hi,
if u cant compile it, then check your syntax, it may be a syntax error. however, u can simply right click on Target1, then choose "options for target 'target1' " , go to the output tab and check the create hex file option. it will create hex file.

thanks
sawaak

c code to hex

HI,
Can u check the version of the compiler you are using , because a evaluation version can execute only 2K and some one will compile upto 4K. may the problem in your compiler version......

convert c to hex

to convert the c code to hes file u need to complie the code.as u say u compile the code using keil but not worthy u must check the following things

1 Keil is a IDE not compliler
2 u need keil ide for 8051 compilers www.keil.com use tool do c51
3 RIDE51 can also be used
4 if u do not follow the project flow in keil the hex file will not be created.

convert c to 8051

this is possible with the help of keil . its a very good software in which there is facility to write a program also in c . for that firstly u have to install a keil software and after that installation complete u have to open new project in which by some instructions means which are necessary i.e there is one option which type of mc u used if u used atmel click on that then atmel ic type i.e at89c51 .
after that write program in c and select here u want to compile in c.

c++to hex converter

hai
use any compiler which supports 8051
like c-51
in keil when you make the project
go to the project window
right click on project
select the output format
select for hex file
add your code in source group
build the target
the hex file will be created in the name of your project name
remember,the name of the hex file will not be with the name
of your c code name,it will be with your poject name
this is because you can add more than one file to your project

regards

sun

convert .c to .hex

Check the project options. In "output" tab there is an option "Create Hex File"

convert .c file to .hex file

hi...

In the "options for target" donot forget to enter the crystal frequency if u are really going to dump the code into the controller.
Check for Syntax. If u get any error number just search for the error in Keil.com
U myt b using the Evaluation version, then the code size is restricted to b within 2K. So filter all the criterias out, u ll get thru..

regards... pm me if u hav any pbm...

sujith
And also on the check box named "Create hex file".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back