Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use default fusebits in tiny12 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooftop

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tiny12 lock bits

I have a problem with my tiny12. When i tried to program this uc with STK500 i'm surprised that both of the lockbits are not set so i can't program and verify it. After i tried to erase the device, the lockbits still not set so i can't program it. Please help me how to use default fusebits(both set). I'm using AVRStudio and STK500.
Thanks for the attention.

Re: tiny12 lock bits

Hi Rooftop,

Since the SPIEN fuse is unprogrammed, the t12's ISP programming interface is disabled. You can only use HVSP to restore the SPIEN fuse. Erasing the chip resets the lock-bits but does not restore the fuses.

In order to re-enable the ISP programming interface, use the STK500 in high-voltage serial programming mode to program the SPIEN fuse, plugging t12 to the appropriate STK socket. You can find the latest STK500 user manual at the AVR Studio's on-line help system: Help > AVR Tools User Guide > STK500.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back