Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Putting the image on the LCD Graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.

aegis

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mikroelectronika glcd bitmap editor

Hi everyone, currently i'm doing some project making some robot which have some behaviour like tamagochi , i'm using 128 x 64 LCD graphic (B/W) for displaying the face image with various expression like emoticons, the problem is i have to convert all image to b/w color, and change it to 128 x 64 pixel image, and start counting every 8 pixels into 1 byte, and put it on look up table. does anyone know is there any kind software or method that make image to LCD lot of easier ? bw i'm using AT89S51 . i'd really appriciate all ur help thx

jpeg to 128x64 bitmap converter

The compilers from mikroElektronika come with a couple of tools. One of them is a GLCD Bitmap Editor that can convert a bitmap file into a high level language piece of code (C, Basic or Pascal). Although they are not for MSC-51 family, you still can download, install, and use just the tool.

Cheers,

free download fastlcd

I used the FastLCD program designed by MICRODESIGN. This is a simple and useful program. I used it to convert bmp files to .h code for both T6963C and KS0108 based 128x64 LCD. A good feature of FastLCD is that, you can select data arrangement in verticle manner for KS0108 or horizontal manner for T6963C. Highly recommended.

where to download: http://www.fastavr.com/

John
www.TechToys.com.hk

fastlcd free download

Hi
3 years ago I made a program in C that read the image saved as *.tiff. Then convert it to the raget MC code directly. All what I need then is to drag and drop this code.
Also I made another function in assembly (at that time) that takes the address of upper left corner of the image on the LCD and the start address of the image data in the saved in the memory and the width and lengh of image on LCD. Then this function start to draw the image data rwa by raw.

This way from my point of view was efficient and it helped me after that to draw what ever image I need in this project

Thanks
Haytham

code c lcd graphic

Mr Tech Toy ! the software from the fastavr is cheap or expensive?

free download fastavr

Mr Tech Toy ! the software from the fastavr is cheap or expensive?

That is a free download.

John

Added after 4 minutes:

3 years ago I made a program in C that read the image saved as *.tiff.

That is interesting. I am working on a board with a 1.8" color LCD. At this moment, I can only compile a bmp into *.c file of an int16 array, paste it or include it to the main.c to display that picture. My next step is to work on a decode software to display a bmp or any other pictures in PC format (tiff / jpeg?) that we can browse the images' file names and display it using a navigator switch.

So, haytham, my question is: is your code for avr or pic or whatever mcu? is it free for sharing?

John Leung

Status
Not open for further replies.