Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultrasonic Echo Ranging Sonar

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadster

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ultrasonic echo

Has anyone designed or know about Ultrasonic Sonar echo ranging I need to cover a distance from 1M to 12M this is for a collision avoidance type application. Any help or advice would be greatfully accepted or if anyone knows of another technology that would serve this purpose.

ultrasonic echo ranging reflection

Polaroid once used this systm on their film cameras. They sold the modules commercially.

Acoustics have the least false alarm problems and cost. You should try some sophisticated processing like having one transmitter and one receiver and frequency modulating the transmitted signal. (This is like the radio altitude measuring systems used on airplanes.)

I try the fishing Ultrasonic Sonar and use it in land , it's cone for tx/rx is very sharp . I also found the major part to decide the distance is the transducer . Choose one efficent transducer would be helpful . You can buy the parts in fishing shop . The signals also can lose a lot in the hetero-junction reflection . So the fishing sonar use oil around the transducer to avoid the reflection in boundry between the water and boat .

The PSoC Range Finder is a simple, inexpensive ultrasonic distance meter that requires only the PSoC device, two 40-kHz ultrasonic transducers, two resistors, and two capacitors. Typical applications include positioning for robotics, generic distance measurement, and liquid-level measurement without contact.

h**p://w*w.circuitcellar.com/PSOC2002/winners/1.htm
h**p://w*w.circuitcellar.com/PSOC2002/winners/1.pdf
h**p://w*w.circuitcellar.com/PSOC2002/winners/1.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back