Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to build a surface mounted connector in Altium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDA_hg81

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using Altium DXP to design a PCB.

When I build a SMT connector using PCB component wizard, the bottom layer is always there.

How to delete this bottom layer?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Re: Why net labels are not connected on PCB?

if u click on every net, the coller of nets connected to it is high lighted and name of this net is writen bottum of ur page.
regards.

EDA_hg81

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You have to create SMT pad & use it.
In case your wizard not able to create SMT component, use nomal process of creating component normally & save it in library.

I follow same process for creating some components like Relays .

Hope it helps..Goodluck

EDA_hg81

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Lets say you want to conect SMA Panel Mount or surface mount connector. Like the one in attached figure, then simply find its footprint measurements from manufacturer datasheet and Make your own PCB Library, Goto Component wizard , Select DIP and place Vias and Pads. with distances according to footprint mentioned.
Then from your library, add the component into your schematics or PCB. A useful link for tutorial is here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65hJw_dM5Jk)

Attachments

• sma-2holes-extended-ptfe-plug-jack.jpg
    sma-2holes-extended-ptfe-plug-jack.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back