Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with (auto) routing 8 layer PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

anne_ng

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i don't know anything abt 8 layer board so wat am i suppose to ask my supervisor abt the transfer to PCB info?? can anybody tell me....if i do auto-routing hw long will i be able to finish???

Re: 8 layer PCB???

Well, the criteria of selecting the layers is the routing density.If you have lots of nets to route you need more to route. few guidelines:
While deciding the stack try to follow mirror image.
Logically isolate analog & digital signal.
Return paths are important so make sure traces are drwawn within plane.
Routing is to be done orthogonal in subsequent layers.

Good luck

8 layer PCB???

Be cautious of auto-routing if there are sensitive/critical signals. Remember, auto-routing is not always the best solution.

Also ask which layers should be VDD and GND.

Re: 8 layer PCB???

The most important thing in 8 layered board is to 1st determine the layer stack.

in my 8 layered board case the main reason to go that much layered is due to a BGA ICs, thus we need more layers so that we are able to fan out n have enuff and strong GND and power planes

If u have address and data lines do them and also those sensitives lines 1st..mabbe u can ask the circuit designer of the sensitive lines.
Also the most important to save time is PLAN ur routing and have discussion with the cct designer, that could help alot.

If u don't plan ur address n data lines u might end up doing them again n again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back