Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What to know before going into neural networks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carelessmaniac

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi.m completely new to neural networks..all i know is that v design a system..n then train it to make it perform our specific task.i wish to design something based on neural networks..can somebody b kind enough to guide me how to start n wat material to read???wat shud i know before getting into neural networks..i really want help..

face tracking neural networks

You should read some introductory books about neural network. From your post, you know roughly what a neural network doing, so now you have to figure out what application can neural network do. Example, pattern recognition, speech recognition, prediction, classification and so forth.

Try to differentiate supervised learning neural network and unsupervised learning neural network. Study their algorithm and application. Decide which application you want to do...then code the neural network according to the algorithm.

I have completed a fingerprint recognition system project. I'm familiar with backpropagation network and kohenen self-organizing map. If you want to know more about these 2 algorithm, can leave your post here.

abt neural network pdf

yes i would certainly like to know and learn all about your project..
tell me ???finger print recognition?is it based on PATTERN RECOGNITON???as u asked above..i will search abt all the terms that u mentioned above. any thing else u can help me wid??
i mean after learning these terms wat shud i do???

Added after 9 minutes:

i m searching for the terms u have mentioned.the algo also.ill try n study n understand it.
n i hope ul help if i need.
by the way..in which programs or languages can v design our neural networks???ive heard abt matlab n C sharp.is there any other easy to learn package???n hey brother..
THANX FOR UR HELP HAAN

abt neural networks

carelessmaniac,

Good, you should learn all the terms and algorithms of neural network if you wish to develop an application. Yes, fingerprint recognition is a type of pattern recognition. Briefly, it's a process to extract the feature of fingerprint, use neural network to recognize the feature.

If you understand neural network, I guess you can use any programming language to write a neural network. However, most people use MATLAB and C to write it. I use MATLAB.

building neural networks, david m. skapura pdf

hi there.
ive studied the basic terms of neural networks that u suggested.i want to do an application on face recognition.u can name it as a real time tracking system.like....i mean that i want to connect a cam to the pc...and the application shud mark out the pattern for which it is trained...ie my face ..it shud b able to mark out which is me.
can u kindly temme how to go abt the project...any ideas...i mean...suppose i get the pix from the cam...how do i process them...how do i extract the exact feature from it..how do i make the neural network differentiate bw which is me ..n wich is not????
kindly plzzzzzzzz helpppp

csharp self organizing maps

read this book you will get requires concepts
David M. Skapura: Building Neural Networks
Addison-Wesley Publishing Company
ISBN: 0-201-53921-7
and also read this book i think it is already there in upload section search for it if u cant find the link let me know i can upload it for u
c_neural_networks_fuzzy_logic_-_valluru_b_rao.pdf

neural networks recognize log in

carelessmaniac,

I understand that you want to implement a real time face recognition system, right?
I have no experience on face recognition, but I guess the process is similar as fingerprint recognition.

First, you must understand the features of face, and learn about technique to extract the features. Eg. for fingerprint, I extract the core points. I guess for face recognition, there should be some features being used to recognize the face.

After getting the feature, you can input the feature into neural network and neural network will recognize the face. The algorithm depends on how you want to implement your system. If you want to classify the face, you can try to use Kohenen SOM. If you want to identify the face, you can use backpropagation network. I think multilayer backpropagation network should be sufficient to recognize the face.

how can extract features in neural network

hi nagacnu
thanx for helping..i dint find any of the books that u specified..if u can help me out with the like i wud b v thankful to u....
thanx

Added after 5 minutes:

thanx again for ur reply leekk8
ill work on the features of the face...n u r rite..its definitly the real time tracking system that i wanna design...ill work on it.once i get to kno wthis then i hope this thing does work.
il keep in tuch wid u..thanx alot for ur help.

building neural networks, david skapura pdf

carelessmaniac,

In fact, you can search for the ebooks of neural network in EDAboard Ebook Upload/Download. There're some I think. Try to understand better about the neural network algorithm.

You can search for face recognition books and learn how to extract features of face.

Good Luck to you!!!

Added after 18 minutes:

carelessmaniac,

Hope this ebook can help you: **broken link removed**

PASSWORD: ebooksatkoobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back