Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the advantages of Digital and Analog Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

my_books

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
advantages of analog communication

What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Digital and Analog Communication ?

advantages of digital over analog communication

Digital communication has many advantages over analog communication. few of them are-

1) various types of data (text, speech, video, image) once converted into a binary stream can be processed by one system. In contrast different analog systems are required to process different type of data.

2) Upgradation of digital system is very easy as they processor based. As analog is hardwired complete system is requried to be designed if there is any need of upgradation.

my_books

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
advantages of of analog communication

Some more are:
1) Digital has finite levels and is easy to regenerate
Analog has infinite levels and never completely repruducable...
2)Digital offers multiplexing of different types of data, source codeing, channel coding, encryption and multiple access...all implemented in DSP
Anlog offers them as well but is very hard to control...
3)Improved noise immunity and lower power consumptionn digital systems is another advantage.Analog requires more power and lesser immunity
4)However, digital require synchronisation, complex algorithms and have the inherent problem of intersymbol interference...

Hope it helps you

my_books

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.