Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

By which material i should cover IR photodiode

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilele

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
photodiode with ir filter

what is sutiable material for covering ir photodiode and ir led used in proximity detector ckt.
for following purpose without affecting operation like range and sensitivity

1> protection from dust and humidty
2> protection from changes in ambient light
3> protection from bright light if it will fall on photodiode it will suprress the ir signal

ir photo-diode and ir led are place near to each other and seperated by a metal partition
and also in some ckt ir photodiode is replace with TSOP1738 ir reciever module from vishay.

i have seeen in vishay modules range increases as brightness of light in surrounding decreases.
and this is undesirable for us

ir photodiode or phototransistor sunlight

In order to provide the protection againt bright light- such as light from sun,
tube light etc, it is better to use modulated ir light(with LEDS) and photo transistors which have frequency dependancy. Thus it is possible to
filter out noise voltages from other natural and artificial sources. Photodiodes
do not have freaquency sensitivity.

photodiode cover

what about biasing the biasing point will change with change in intensity of light.

biasing tsop1738

The biasing point will not shift . Only a small current will be the
at o/p of transistor. Use filter and amplifier to avoid low freaquencies
and to obtain a required voltage and current from ckt.

ir photodiode sunlight

i am using TSOP 1738 from vishay in which we are using modulation first of all carrier is 38Khz and on it we are sending 1200bps signal. so its modulated already.

when i switch off my tube light i get more range which is undesirable.

led ckt with photodiode

i think your IR detector(modulaor) is not working properly. As i have used an ordanry IR detector module, there is no any problem.
tell me how much % rang is reduced when tube light is placed on that?
if it is about 10% or less. that is no problem if it is more, then replace IR detector module.

photo diode bright light

Hi,

here is the article describing the use of fully exposed
and developed photographic film negative as cheap ir filter
(it is dark = no visible light, but still quite transparent to ir)

h**p://geektechnique.org/index.php?id=254

range of ir photodiode

Noman Yousaf said:
i think your IR detector(modulaor) is not working properly. As i have used an ordanry IR detector module, there is no any problem.
tell me how much % rang is reduced when tube light is placed on that?
if it is about 10% or less. that is no problem if it is more, then replace IR detector module.

I think this is likely the case. Last spring I used the Handyboard for a school project involving IR obstacle detection, using two different IR detectors. One worked the same regardless of lighting (inside or out), but the other had some seriously reduced range (up to 75% decrease) whenever in bright sunlight, or flourecent lights. Replaced the one module and everything worked as it should.

ir obstacle detector using tsop 1738

Noman Yousaf: I am using tsop1738 most widely used ir detector.

blue_snake: idea is good i will surely check that out.

Bigestlee: which modules u were using

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back