Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

corrugated coaxial cable design

Status
Not open for further replies.

pewang

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
intitle:coaxial cableinurl:viewtopic

Hi,friends:
Who knows how to design corrugated coaxial cable.Maybe there are some equations for this type cable design.
If you have any design information on corrugated or helix conductor coaxial cable,please kindly tell me.
Thanks very much!
How does this structure works in theory is also welcome!

periodic discontinuities

These variations on the cable outer diameter are discontinuities. As long as they are spaced much closer than a wavelength there is very little influence on the signal. you may want to do a simulation by approximating the cable as a whole series of alternating impedance cables of very short length.

Hi,flatulent
I also have same opinion with you.What I wonder is why this type cable have much advantage than flat cable such as low loss,low phase variance.
Have you seen anything valuable for this type cable's design in internet?
Thanks!

flexible

I think that the main advantage of this type is mechanical. It can be turned around corners without breaking. My experience with more stiff cable is that the end of the cable has a coaxial connector and a short piece of cable with woven metal outer conductor connects it to the equipment after going through different bend angles to get to the equipment coaxial socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back