Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to rise the refresh time of dram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyice

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to rise the refresh time of dram?

Operate manually with REFRESH command.

can you give me the detail?thanks

rickyice said:
can you give me the detail?thanks
JEDEC (www.jedec.com) standard determine a AUTO refresh or Self Refresh command to operate with refresh. I suggest you to download standard for DRAM from JEDEC (it is free). There you can find such text (it is for DDR SDRAM, but the principles are similar for all types):
...REFRESH REQUIREMENTS
DDR SDRAMs require a refresh of all rows in any rolling 64 ms interval. Each refresh is generated in one of two ways: by an explicit AUTO REFRESH command, or by an internally timed event in SELF REFRESH mode...
...AUTO REFRESH
AUTOREFRESH is used during normal operation of the DDR SDRAM and is analogous to CAS–BEFORE–RAS (CBR) refresh in previous DRAM types. This command is nonpersistent, so it must be issued each time a refresh is required.
The refresh addressing is generated by the internal refresh controller. This makes the address bits ”Don’t Care” during an AUTO REFRESH command. The DDR SDRAM requires AUTO REFRESH cycles at an average periodic interval of tREFI (maximum)...

maksya
thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back