Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

125KHz, Passive RFID communication distance question??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjacky712

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, everybody
I utilized RFID reader type: U2270B(Atmel), the antenna is 1.35mH.
untilized RFID tag type: U3280M(Atmel), L≈1.024 mH, C≈1.58nF (F=125KHz)
I chose U3280M (tag), purpose when tag receives energy and data from reader, it controlled by microprocessor and return pass the data to reader.
But, my experiment communication distance result is not as same as my expect. Their distances are not enough 1 cm. However, if the distance was too far ( ≥1 cm ), the energy would not be enough. Who can tell me why? And what's wrong?

I want its distance at least 7 cm upward and enough distance to implant use future. Or maybe I should change my utilize RFID, besides U3280M, what's tag type (125KHz)? If I used 13.56 MHz RFID, what's suitable reader and tag RFID type ? I can't find suitable RFID, please help me!! Thanks everybody~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.