Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can wedecrease the transformer heat by increasing filtercap

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilele

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ok
by increasing the filter capacitor after bridge rectifier can we decrease the transformer heating.

I have got a 9v transformer rated at 500mA and my ckt is drawing 200mA transformer heat can be reduce by increasing filter capacitor from 2200uF to 3300uF

which value is better or best

in other way i want to ask is there any relation between transformer heating and rectifier/filter capacitor

or what are means do decrease the transformer heating.
and why its is heating.

Transformers heat because they are made out of resistive wire. Current going through a resistance generates heat, this is unavoidable. Larger filter caps will not decrease the heating as the same current is being drawn. The only thing it would do is give your device slightly higher immunity to voltage dips during heavy pulse loading. If they heat is undesireable in your situation you may want to consider a switch mode power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back