Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the difference between 8051 and PIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakaka

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm a noob in 8051. Can i know wat is 8051 microcontrollers? Is Atmel one of them? Philip?
Whats the difference between 8051 and PIC?
Thnx

www.8052.com/tutintro

This is (free) good starting point:

**broken link removed**

As far as 8051-derivatives are concerned, there are hundreds of them on the market, and some of Atmel or Philips microcontrollers belong to that group ..
More on this issue you can learn from:
"8051 Derivatives"
http://www.keil.com/support/man/docs/c51/c51_dv_8051deriv.htm

And your last question, the major differencies between these two families are highlighted in the following publication:
"Learning the basics of PICmicro microcontroller from an 8051 perspective."
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

Re: 8051 question

if you newby /like me/:)) try with 89s51; 89s52, they are 8051 MCU with 8 K flash 256 RAM and important suport ISP programming /programming in working circuit/ i use atmel MCU-s becouse for they have to much info in net. You can use PIC but is little harder to write programs . You can use AVR /atmel 8/16bit Risc controller/ just read some books :))) they will help you if you have concret problem post it here

regards

Re: 8051 question

-they are under the banner of microcontroller family.basically they are classified in terms of internal eg ssize i.e 8bit,16 bit etc.8051 microcontroller is a 8 bit Uc.where as PIC is a family of Uc.generally they are 16 bit or higher.
8051 Uc is a basic architecture on whch behalf you can under stand other higher version of Uc very easily.you can say it is biggners to understand.
I fu are biggner then read Mazidi books on Uc 8051 that is very good for the biggners

Status
Not open for further replies.