Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Port Error in HFSS for Microstrip Patch Antenna Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehun1119

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss microstrip

Hi, my name is Sehun, and I need your help or advice.
I am very new to this area and HFSS tool.

I am designing a Microstirp patch antenna in multi-layers. (6 conductors and 5 substrates)

I got an error of " port refinement, process abc3d: Port "Waveport1" has disconnected faces. Please replace the port with multiple ports, each of which is connected".

First of all, I want to know why I am getting this error. (what I have done wrong)

And, I would like to know how to fix this problem or what I should try.

I think I have to let you know that I do not know about the multiple ports (like what they are, how to set it, anything about it)

I just have tried it with only one lumped port or one wave port or combination of those two ports and many, but I always got the same error. I should be doing something wrong but dunno what.

I would attach two files of those many tries.

Any help or advice would be very appreciated.

Thank you so much.

hfss patch antenna design

The error was occured because I had a port through several conductors and substrates. I tried a port in between M1 and M2 through only top substrate, and then, it is simulated without the error.

Another question: Well, I might consider the second conductor as my Ground, but if I want the very bottom layer as GND, how could I put the multiple-port? (I want to keep my previous model).

I have not tried it so that I am not sure, but what I am thinking to achieve it is by inserting several ports from the substrate between M5 and M6 to the substrate between M1 and M2. (each port for every substrate or each port for every substrate and every conductor between M1 and M6..... If it is not working, I might try "3D Modeler" ---> "boolean" --> "unite" or "split").

Please give me a right answer for this issue.

Thank you very much again.

please replace the port with multiple hfss

I have found a method to do it.

I have done it using several lumped ports (multiple ports) in Driven Terminal Solution setting.

If it is wrong for multi-layer structure, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back