Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question about SKILL and OCEAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjxcom

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
skill cadence drwave

Hi, all, I use skill language and ocean of cadence to simulate a ciucuit. the circuit and the simulate file can be found in the attachment!

now, I have some problem. In the file simulate.ocn, at the line there has a sentence:"fprintf(summary "%s %s %s %f %f %f %f %f %f\n"
cadr(corner) caddr(corner) cadddr(corner) GainDC GainBandProduct gainMargin phaseMargin UnitGainFrequency DominantPoleFrequency)"

Use this sentence, I find that the result shown in the file summary.txt is so strange, i.e.:

Process Voltage Temp GainDC (dB) GainBandProduct (dB*Hz) GainMargin (dB) PhaseMargin (C) UnitGainFrequency (Hz) DominantPoleFrequency (Hz)
typetype 4.50 80.0 drwave:164753744 drwave:164753784 drwave:164753832 drwave:164753880 drwave:164754000 drwave:164754024

I do not know why. hot to correct it ?

Help me, please!!!

I did not go through your script in detail. From my experience, drwave is a wave instead of a value. Check your script to make sure that you are printing some value instead of waves. Hope that help.

Dear pseudockb: yes, I think you are right. but I checked my script, I do not find that my printing value are waves. so, who can correct my script?

You should use the wave calculator to get the values you want from the graph and then you will be able to print it

Hi wjxcom, I did not seem to find any mistakes in your script. That puzzled me too. I first learnt oceanScript from this website, http://rle-12-184.mit.edu/~homer/misc/ocean/ocean3.shtml. Look at the bottom of the page. There are some fprint statements followed by some drain(file) and close(file) statement. May I suggest you follow the example and see if you can get printed values? Thanks

Dear fantusox: can you explain it detailed?
Hi pseudockb: it is very kind of you to give me that web site, I think it is useful for me to leanr ocean.

Thanx to fantusox and pseudockb

Hi, all: I have already know why. use function "v" instead of "VF" can correct the question.

thanx!!!

Dear all: who can tell me which difference of these funcutions? in the ocean user guide and skill user guide, Cadence explain this two funcutions is:

VF
VF( t_netName [t_dataDir] ) => wave/nil
Description
Returns the waveform representing the ac sweep net voltage.

v
v( t_net [?result s_resultName [?resultsDir t_resultsDir]] ) => o_waveform/nil
Description
Returns the voltage of the specified net.

But I do not know what difference from these functions!!

thanx!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.