Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me calculate antenna's EIRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

verashen

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
:?:

I have simulated an antenna and want to calculate its EIRP, Should i get it from the maximum E-filelds of 3D radiation pattern at diff frequencies, or from the E-filelds of certain direction? If latter, does it mean that the EIRP of antenna is directional?

On the other hand, how can i get EIRP in measurement? from the pulse in time domain? So it will relate to the direction?

Thanks!!

Re: Question:About EIRP

Uh, yeah. If you have 1 watt of transmit power at the coax connector, and you connect it to a 30 dB gain antenna, then you have 1 KW of EIRP in the main beam.

so does it mean that EIRP of antenna is the Gain*inputPower, if the inpuPower is fixed, the EIRP is only related to the gain at diff. frequecny?

Question:About EIRP

In general all correct. Only the field is computed in a distant area, therefore often in a formula is inserted the losses on a canal track.

Yeah, the gain * power is EIRP. But remember that antenna gain often changes drastically with where you are pointing it! ie the gain is directional.

I'm a little confused, so Gain here is not the (maximum directivity)*eff, but is diff. from the direction: directivity(theta,phi)*eff. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back