Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for temperature monitoring program for Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

asueee0

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
looking for the following linux based program:

1. temperature monitoring program

2. overclock program which could adjust cpu (AMD 64) core voltage and multiplier without rebbot

linux temperature log

asueee0 said:
looking for the following linux based program: temperature monitoring program
What must this program do? Log to disk, display data on a graph, ...

What kind of temperature sensors will be used and how will they be interfaced to the linux-based cpu?

linux, temperature software

I found this site :
Code:
http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=review-kanotix
further in the site I found

If you have a laptop with a Centrino or AMD64 processor, you may want to use rcconf to enable powernowd, a fantastic power-management daemon. I started powernowd and watched in amazement as my CPU temperature dropped by 15 degrees Celsius in 10 minutes.

This might be a good time to point out just what tool I use to find out the CPU temperature. I use (drumroll please) gkrellm, which actually reports a number of interesting things about your setup. In its default configuration, gkrellm doesn't display CPU temperature, but you easily make it do so by right-clicking on "CPU" and choosing "Sensors--> Temperature" and clicking the box saying "thermal_zone/THMO".

maybe it will help a bit.

edit:
got this aswell, didn't test though.
Code:
http://rpmseek.com/rpm-pl/cpuinfo.html?hl=com&cs=cpu:PN:0:0:0:0
Package Name cpuinfo
Summary This applet shows the current CPU temperature and frequency

linux temperature stats

Try gkrellm for temperature statistics display. You need to configure the underlying lm_sensors (or equivalent) engine however.

Status
Not open for further replies.