Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Description of the spreading gain concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK28

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all, it may be a simple question but can anyone describe the concept of spreading gain....?

Re: Spreading gain !

Hi,

If I understand your question correct spreading gain it's when you have system suppose you have LNA and PA and the total gain it's about lats say 60dB, spreading gain as I understand anyway where and how much gain you are define in LNA and PA (total 60dB), this where important in receivers for example you not put all the gain in the same chain you are separting to avoid Oscillation!!!!

Hopping that I successed to understand and to explain.

Regards
David

Good guess, but I think not. The spreading gain is most likely a matched filter gain that you get when you spread a modulated signal out over a bigger bandwidth than needed. I think the proper term is "coding gain". For instance, if you have a 1 MHz modulation, by by spread spectrum techniques you spread it out over a 100 MHz RF bandwidth, then it will reject noise and interferring signals by many additional dB's after it is demodulated.

is process gain and spreading gain is same ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back