Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Instructions and tutorials for Mapinfo software

Status
Not open for further replies.

emg

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
Who know this software « Map info professional » ? What do you think about it?
Regards

mapinfo rf prediction

A very good software. used for viewing maps, but in telecom people use it to have records of their sites.it has become an essential in telecom sector. extra tools written in mapbasic also supports various functions help the telecom engieers
multiple uses, depends why u want to use it

from english to arabic in mapinfo

Hi,I
need software in UMTS planning and optimization. If it possible, a free one if not i will see how can I have it. For the moment I need to discover the better one.
Thanks for your interest

mapinfo gsm planning

HI!
I don't think you can use MapInfo for RF planning purposes.
As gauiver said it is often used in the mobile telephone industry to map test results
and compare it with planning.
It can be used also for post-processing and analysis but you must have data to map.

For what you're asking, I don't think you could easly find a free planning sw for 3G planning and optimization.

I can suggest, among the others, Nemo Analyze from Nemo Technologies (h**p://www.nemotechnologies.com/index.php?267) ...but you have to pay.

Hope this helps.
Ciao

ebook mapbasic

no, it can't be used for RF planning. It's just used to keep data. It's done quite easily through mapinfo. Map Basic is used to program utilities for map basic. Planning softwares are heavy so we use map basic for viewing maps and cell sites.

mapinfo umts 3g

does Map Basic is an open sourec? Thanks

sector planning tool+mapinfo

Can I get some tutorial or reference book related to this MapInfo?
I want to become a MapInfoGURU

--X--

mapbasic neighbour

I guess there are still some things you can do in mapinfo for UMTS Planning. Of course you cannot get things like coverage prediction and drive testing measurement. But you can still do manual neighbour planning, scrambling code planning...etc. It depends on how you write your program.I can even do GSM frequency planning with Mapinfo (of course with some help from Mapbasic).....plotting of drive test data on map is also possible. So it depends which part of planning that you are talking about.

rmw rf planning

EMG,

Look at this MapInfo Professional 8.5 Users Guide ebook.

Hope this helps.

mindrover

plotting map in map info 8.5

Long time no see,

about RF planning for free: try this

**broken link removed**

This sw is an implementation of the ITM model which could be fine for many applications. I don't think you have to plan a cellular netowrk, for most purposes it
should be fine.

Hope it helps

mapinfo guide for rf

may this help u out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back