Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Are PCB designers in demand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikal

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've thought about it in the past, but not sure if people need PCB designers. i.e. send them the schematic, and you get PCB and/or gerbers back. I've even thought about a turn key thing where the schematics were sent, and assembled PCB's came back...
What do ya'll think? Are these people in demand?

In my experiance ..if I don't lay the board out myself it gets hosed. Relatively slow digital stuff may be okay but if it high speed digital or sensative analog or worse yet high voltage and current it will be a mess. The tools are good enough now that most people do it themselves or they have a red headed step-engineer that they stand over and tell how to do it.

good luck

as far as i know you can't make any electronics gadget with out pcb, if you want your product to be high rated one then you should have highly designed pcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back