Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make dead battery reusable

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehsanelahimirza

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sulphation battery zapper

hi all

how to make a 12V car battery which is dead reusable

what is the thing which is damaged due to time of usage

plz tell me

What usually happens is that the metal parts flake off and form a sediment in the bottom. When the sediment gets thick enough it shorts out the plates. This usually occurs on a very cold morning making you stand out in the cold weather for an hour waiting for the mechanic.

The best you can do is give the battery to a recycling center and buy a new one.

actually car battery is working but i want to use my old battery for small home use
and wanted to recycle it at own

Hi ehsan joon
you can go to "batterysazi".
haaaa
regards

hr_rezaee said:
Hi ehsan joon
you can go to "batterysazi".
haaaa
regards

i didnt want battersazi
i wanted to just make use of fazol battery

If there is any mechanical fault in the battery you can’t ´repair´ it! If the problem is sulphateing you might be able to dissolve the sulphate and recover the capacity of the battery. There are a few different ways to accomplish this, Ian mentioned one and here is another: https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/power/036/index.html

i think that giving reverse current is working but how long

either i should use and charge the battery in opposite direction now
or just when sulphonation is reduced or finshed i should use it in correct polarity.................?

Reverse polarity isn't a good thing, just like flatulent said the best thing is to put the old one in a recycling center a buy a new one.

R00KIE said:
Reverse polarity isn't a good thing, just like flatulent said the best thing is to put the old one in a recycling center a buy a new one.

he said right thing but i have new battery in car

also if we r giving it to recycling center so where we will b doing experiments
Engineering is the field for new new and new so i m trying to do the thing which i havent done and i shold know about those in electronics engineering
so i m trying as

ENGINEERS NEVER GIVE UP

It is dangerous to play with electrochemical cells! Open your eyes.Bye

hi
please try some of these step

1- wash all the cells with water then try to add new acid solution and charge

2- if the voltage still low check each cell (if short or open) if there is short try dischage battery with cable then charge this may burn the short

3- if the cell is dead you can replace the dead cell with other good cell from other dead battery
regards

Added after 13 seconds:

hi
please try some of these steps

1- wash all the cells with water then try to add new acid solution and charge

2- if the voltage still low check each cell (if short or open) if there is short try dischage battery with cable then charge this may burn the short

3- if the cell is dead you can replace the dead cell with other good cell from other dead battery
regards

Dead short the battery for a brief intervals sometime it works .. and recharge..

Status
Not open for further replies.