Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Half-bridge driver circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

burb

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

The circuit shown in the schamatic, a seemingly simple switching power supply, should produce a waveform as shown in the "simulation" plot. I am using a half-bridge driver in place of the pulse generators shown, with a boot-strapping diode for the high-side MOSFET.

Don't know why the simulation plot looks so terrible when I post it here, Pspice shows it as being a continuous waveform (sorry about it showing like that).

The "waveform" plot is the actual results I am getting when I build this thing. I'm just putting it on a proto-board right now to test it out, so obviously the layout is far from ideal. As you can see from the scope trace, for some reason the waveform doesn't return to ground as it should, instead it overshoots on each transition, every time. Also, notice the weird discontinuities in the waveform, and the apparant "ringing" going on during the transitions.

Anybody have any idea on how to fix these problems? Any, any ANY help would be greatly appreciated! I have tried the tips in the datasheets for the half-bridge driver, and have also tried two other half-bridge driver, always with the same results....PLEASE HELP me if you can!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.