Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ask Help for current detection circuit at mA level

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurricane

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to make a current detection circuit for a Diode. and please help me to find a IC or a good circuit to detect the current.

a brief description is:

The cathod of the diode is GNDed via a current source and the anode of the diode is connected with Vcc directly. the purpose of the detection is check whether the diode is broken down or not.

the current via the diode is about 20mA to 50mA, and the on/off frequency of the current source is about 8MHz(a PWM signal).

In my opinion, to detect current is a good way to check the diode. and I have two idea to do so.
1 via a R.
2 via a Hall-Effect whose output is a function of a mag flux senor. and the mag flux is a function of the current.

would you give me some hints and advice to create this kind of circuit or use another method to check whether the diode is functional.

Thanks well.

hi

why u r using too much circuting

just use a DMM or some thing to check the difference in Voltage at both terminals of diode. if diode is not working then difference is ZERO or it is equal to the source voltage

ehsanelahimirza said:
hi

why u r using too much circuting

just use a DMM or some thing to check the difference in Voltage at both terminals of diode. if diode is not working then difference is ZERO or it is equal to the source voltage

thanks

the reason is I have hundreds of Diode(LED) in the design, their Vcc is common, and they are GNDed via individul current source.

in order to lower the cost, I'd like to drive only one current source for a singal LED sequently and detect the current on the common Vcc wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.