Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Software for Altivar 16 VFD (Telemecanique/SquareD)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbymat

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
altivar 16

Hello all VFD people,

I'm looking for programming software for a Telemecanique/SquareD Altivar 16 VFD (variable frequency drive). It's not available any more from SquareD, and only with the software I can adjust all the parameters of the drive.

Also a programming cable pinout would be an extremely nice thing to have. It's probably (?) a serial cable, although a local dealer said it has some kind of ASIC inside it, so no use trying to copy it, according to him...

Thanks in advance,

Hobbie

telemecanique vfd

hobbymat
i am a little confused.
altivar 16 has a small plate panel where you have access to all the parameters, or you does not have this panel ?
I have software for the 45 and 58, for the 16 I do not know, I always used this panel.

have a good one
most

altivar software

Altivar 16 can also operate without the panel, if the drive parameters have been set with the panel or a PC cable (with software). My converters - a couple of them - don't have the panel, so changing the parameters is not possible... :(

I think the easiest way would be to get the software and the serial cable pinout from somewhere, and build the cable myself. The panel would cost very much, although it is not easy to even find one anymore.

Hobbie

Status
Not open for further replies.