Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thermal / Inkjet printer with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
inkjet microcontroller

Can anyone give me some clues as to how to write the driver (serial or parallel port) for a thermal or inkjet printer.

I want to print simple text in on an inkjet printer (a common HP model) using a microcontroller. Do they have EPSON dotmatrix emulation where I can just send ascii characters to print.

If I want to print graphics, do most printer follow a similar mechanism like in epson dot matrix printing graphics or do they each have a different protocol.

I am trying to revive this post after 5 years. Maybe someone has done some work on this.

Hi;
see this page. may be helpful.

Sprites mods - Electronic Stamp - Intro, the big idea

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

hi again;

sorry, maybe i made a mistake.

if you want to use an inkjet printer instead of using it's print head with your microcontroler; you have
to find for the printer programming manual. normally most of printers are able to print text without any
special works. but some, must use some special codes to:

1) enter in graphic mode
2) get dotted patterns from host(which in here is a micro)
3) exit graphic mode

sorry for poor English;
good luck;

Status
Not open for further replies.