Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to send GPRS data through mobiles using GPRS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahidkhan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
GPRS

Hi all,
I want to transfer GPS data through two mobiles using GPRS i.e one GPRS enabled mobile is attatched to GPS and this mobile is sending real time data to another
mobile .Is it possible ? if Yes , HOW ?
any help would be appriciated.
thnx...

Re: GPRS

You may require an interfacing device to collect the data from gps and give it to the gprs mobile, provided the mobile has got a provision to accept external at commands.

interfacing GPS with mobile is not a problem.
The issue is to send the data through GPRS and on the other hand recieve it with GPRS too. how can this be achieved. ?

you need a TCP/IP stack in your micro, or use a GPRS modem with TCP/IP embedded (like Telit).
You can also use CSD to establish a point to point connection like a standar modem. The connection cost is for time instead of traffic.

hi

u could use gprs modem function,but for that data is to b tranmitted from a pc.

everymobile developer is giving softwares for connecting mobile to a pc as gprs modem. u can find some software easily, but u should have some data cable,infrared or bluetooth device for this type of data flow

I did similar thing, but I used GSM/GPRS modems (not phones, no big diference) with TCP/IP stack in it and you need SIM cards with fixed IP addresses.

After that you can configure server-client mode of operation of those two modems via GPRS. Everything that came in into one modem (serial data) gets out in another one and vice versa.

Mr.Cube

Hi

The Problem is sim card with fixed IP address.
not all GSM operators support Fixed IP address.
If the mobile operator don't support a fixed IP address you need to use a web server in between to change data between the two sites.

or you need to use CSD

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www.i-g.org

alzomor said:
Hi

The Problem is sim card with fixed IP address.
not all GSM operators support Fixed IP address.
If the mobile operator don't support a fixed IP address you need to use a web server in between to change data between the two sites.

or you need to use CSD

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www.i-g.org

thanks but what is CSD

HI

CSD

IS circuit switched data.
which make a point to point connection between you and the beer GPRS .

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www.i-g.org

There are one possibility.

If you don't have SIM with fixed IP, you can do everything if you have some sort of inteligence (mcu, PLC or so...).

After power on, mcu or other equipment can ask modem which IP he have, and after that mcu can send SMS to mobile phone (which is always same) on other side (with IP information).

After second side gets IP of first side, its program this IP as target one, and everything is like you have fixed IP (but you need to do a lot of programing).

Best regards,

Mr.Cube

GPRS

it depends which kind of modem you use, some does have internal IP stack, some you need to do PPP at mcu

regards

cancel

it depends which kind of modem you use, some does have internal IP stack, some you need to do PPP at mcu

Yes, but it both cases it's possible to do thing with SMS and non fixed IP on SIM.

If you have tcp stack in modem there are AT command to ask for IP address, if you don't have it in modem you have to write PPP on mcu and to write function for detecting IP address.

Regards,

Mr.Cube

GPRS

Hi everybody, i'm an electronics engineering student from Turkey and doing the same thing as my final project. I'm planning to use my phone (Nokia 7250i) as gprs modem. Do u think this is possible with some interface devices ,e.g. pic 16F877A used circuits ?

Hi,

Its not a problem to do what you are asking, but you need to think about the complete project.
Here are some pointers:
* You need to get a GSM modem with built in TCP/IP stack. If you will use anything else, it will be to much to deal with.
2. Modem starts. You set the GPRS and you get an IP address form the network.
3. You send by SMS the IP address to the other phone, and connect to the GPRS.
4. The other phone connects to you via GPRS and you get his IP address. Now both system can talk to each other.
5. If you dont get connected, then the other phone or you re-send the IP address.

This is the most simple way that can use.

Good luck.

GPRS

Thanks gidimiz, but my project is a little different. I must transmit data to the internet, for example, so anyone can watch on the computer monitor where his car is... And i also wonder, is it possible to do this without using an external gsm modem. Is not my phone enough...

i m doing electronics engineering doing same kind ov proj..can u ppl tell me what is best solution to interface gps..is it gprs or gsm.
n how can i do this,.

Status
Not open for further replies.