Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP IN DESIGNING WAVEPORT IN HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipto

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vivaldi .hfss

HI
i am designing a patch with stripline feed at 30 GHz. please tell me how to design the waveport in HFSS
dipto

hfss stripline waveport

The port setup for stripline should extend to the top and bottom grounds, and should be wide enough so that the fields from the trace do not attach to the sidewalls of the port.

For HFSS models, the recommended port width is 8*w if w>h and 5*w if w<h. Make sure that the port width isn't greater than lambda/2 in any direction or a waveguide mode may be set up as well.

Good luck.

10*w waveport hfss

hi
if the excitation place is inside the substrate you should use LUMPED PORT but if between different media it should be WAVE PORT.

1 define a rectangle which corresponds line and gnd in 2 sides.
2 select it
3 set HFSS>>EXCITATIONS>>
here you shold define where the exciting probe should be.
you give the coordinates of the beginning of that vector.
then the dx dy dz of it

4 tell me if it didnt work

wave port site:edaboard.com

Hi
I designed a Vivaldi antenna excited with waveport. I made waveport 5*w wide and it extends to the top and bottom grounds (as antenna321 said). Do I have to take care of antenna impedance or other parameters? I read a lot about waveports in edaboard but there are a lot of different opinions.
If antenna doesn't have "upper" ground do I have to make waveport higher than substrate? (patch antennas are excited with lumped or waveports?)

Added after 3 minutes:

"...fix antennas are excited with lumped or waveports?" - patch antenna that is!
Something is wrong with my keyboard, ...or with my brain!!! :)

Added after 1 minutes:

No brain is OK! Why I can't write PATCH!!!

create wave port in hfss

To answer 1 of your questions: If your antenna does not have "upper ground", you have to extend the port-rectangle beyond the substrate (by about 10xsubstrate height); rectangle upper edge is not touching anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back