Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me design a footprint in Protel DXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjalps

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

Can anyone help me to design this footrpint in Protel DXP.
The problem is that solder mask is not placed symetricaly over pad, only one part of pad is open.

**broken link removed**
Figure 8

Any idea is wellcome!

Regards!

Re: Protel footprint

Hi,
U can do it in CAMSTATIC editor. Convert the PCB file to Gerber. Then Delete the pads in topsolder mask Gerber.(ie delete the pads where ever u dont want to have opening)

ks

I have solved that in PCB library that I have created that footprint.

Regards!

One way would be to create the pads by using fills. A fill will not automatically have solder mask removed in the PCB editor - true pads do. Once you have ceated the pad area with copper fills, create fills on the mask layer (which is a negative layer) to open only the areas needed for the device solder pads.

An alternate way would be to place true pads the size needed for the device, then use copper fill to expand the heat sink areas as shown in the drawing. The pads will be free of solder mask, but the fill areas will be covered with mask when the Gerbers are generated.

Hello!

I have done so:

1 Place normal pad
2 I have defined Paste Mask Expansion and Solder Mask Expansion to be totaly covered
3 After that I have placed separatly solder mask and paste mask opening

It looks ok. Not so easy yob for first time.

Regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back