Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inbuilt tools in Soc Encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

p_shinde

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i,

SOC Encounter comes up with several tools like PKS, CetlIC, Nanoroute( not sure if its a different tool ..)

so i have doubt is this the same PKS tool which can do physical synthesis along with routing, placement, and other stuffs...

also about Nanoroute, is it only used for global and detail routing, or also for SI checks ( as its mentioned in SOC encounter manual that nanoencounter does SI checks too, then y again we go for CetlIC again...)

Also what does it means by Gloab and Detail Routing????????????

thanks in advance,
Prasad

For non-professional use, maybe nanoroute's SI repair is OK. For professional ones, celtIC is much more powerful so it is needed. Companies do have their market consideration out of techonology itself.

Correct me if I am wrong.

For latter question, haven't u got a user manual?
I think it should be illustrated in docs.

Hi ,

C SOC-ENCOUNTER is not a tool but a PLATFORM.

As u mentioned it has

PKS ( Physically Kowledgable Synthesis Tool) this is used to do a initial floorplanning ,power planning and trial routing, so that at the time of synthesis u have a rough detail about ur interconnect and the area ur dhip or block what ever it is consuming.

NANOROUTE - This is used for detailed Routing. Detailed Routing is where ur tool actually routes using Metal and only after this detail routing u get the actual delay.

Thanks

Added after 1 minutes:

Hi ,

There are other tools inbuilt

Ameoba Placement Engine
CTS Engine

hi
the encounter tool is used for placement and routing.. and nanoroute is detail routing..

trial route is prototyping is for analysis of power and congestion before actual routing...

global routing is routing several regions at a time...

detail routing is actual physical routing will be done.. detail routing will be done finally after analysing the congestion and power dissipation....

see demos on demand www.demosondemand.com/dod for further doubt in encounter]

Regards
Shankar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back