Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is the battery charging or discharging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

polarized

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

I have a small lead acid battery 2AH which serves as a power supply backup. The normal operation of the circuit is that the main power supply 13.8V is charging the backup battery, I dont have any advanced charging circuit even without the current limiting, and at the same time my load. But, when it happens that the input power supply is dead, the backup battery turns on and supplies my load. I would like to sense this situation by detecting the direction of the electric current through the battery. Anyone of you has an idea how to do this. I would like to have a signal which gives me this information, which I can connect to a microcontroller etc...

thanks

Please check the article in the following post. It may give you some idea.

**broken link removed**

HTH :)

this is very easy!!! you can use several methods.... the easiest one is the connect teh attached circuit... and alligne R1 such that when you switch of the power supply => led goes ON... if the power supply is on => led OFF...

in this circuit you sense the charging voltage,... coz your battery supplies 12V only... but when charger is connected it must increase to start charging.... here you will get 13.5V which should switch led off

NOTE: D1 must be for 12Volt not 6!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back