Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ethernet and serial over fiber

Status
Not open for further replies.

farfar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anybody know a device capable of transmitting RS232 and Ethernet data over fiber simultaneously?
Thank you

it is something like fiber multiplexer, which can transport RS232, ethernet data etc simultaneously.

you want to buy or design such a device?

I want to buy.
But I do not need a complex MUX with many interfaces which is expensive. I only need one or two thernet plus one RS232 channels.
I would be grateful if you introduce me such a device.

I know there are such equipments, but I am not sure if they are exprnsive or not, or you can tell me your idea price range?

If the device is proper for industrial use, we consider a price of about 500-1000$
But, depending on the device characteristics this price may change.

my friend said a fiber multiplexer, which can transport RS232, ethernet data etc simultaneously, is around USD300, I will send you their contact via pm.

farfar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.