Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about the last stage of CML output buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

husseinadel

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello

i am designing a CML output buffer ,,,concerning the last stage of CML line driver,i must have the resistances values equal to 50 ohm cause of matching ,,,and i want a certain swing ,,so , the current in the last stage is determined,,,,also ,,depending on the CM input level,,the sizes also determined,,,,now ,,if i have a large load capacitance value,,, what is my degree of freedom in the LAST stage????as most of the parameters are predetermined,,,,,,i can enlarge the differential swing at the input so that the current steering becomes faster ,,but this has a limit ,,depending on the supply,,,,,,so what degree of freedom that i can use???,,thanks

regards

hussein

CML output buffer

you do not have any more degree of freedom.

that is it. system guy will guarantee that not too much loading is put at your output.

Re: CML output buffer

neoflash said:
you do not have any more degree of freedom.

that is it. system guy will guarantee that not too much loading is put at your output.

thanks for replying ,,,but loading at output may be not completely controlable by the system engineer,,as there is pad cap., bond wire,,,package parasitics,,,which are technology dependent,,,and in many situations the PDK are forced on the system.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back