Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Melting point of glue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdharan

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
glue gun pcb components

What is the melting point of the glue (poured using glue gun) which is normally used to stick components in the PCB to hold firmly.

If i give the PCB for a temperature test subjected to 80 degree centigrate, will the glue melt away?.

melting point of glue

There are several temperatures at which Glue Sticks (the sticks used in the glue gun used to secure PCB components) will melt at.

It depends on the colour of the stick (glue) to say what temperature it will melt at.

It also depends for how long you will apply 80 deg C for (I assume you are doing a soak test).

I would suggest that (if possible) you could scrape some glue and then melt it on tissue paper (or some other type of paper) and note the melting temp.

If your PCB is a military PCB you should be ok but I would not take risk with a comercial board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back