Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS error message...what means?please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifelix

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
non-manifold edges hfss

Hi,
I've a problem in HFSS.
When I run the validate process the message viewer returns this error message:Non-manifold vertices found for part "layer" where "layer" is a part of the model.
The model is a transceiver on FR4 made from a 4 layer structure and the "layer" part is in the middle between the others.
What does this error means?
Thanks in adv.

non-manifold vertices hfss

sorry, cannot catch your word.

non-manifold vertices found for part

HFSS is complaining that the geometry "layer" you draw is not valid. Try different ways of drawing.

hfss error messages

The error message indicates there is a problem with the mesh. This could happen if you imported the geometry from a CAD tool. You may need to re-draw that part of the model. See the link below for more info:

**broken link removed**

non-manifold vertices found for part

You can plot orther geometry instea of "layer",such as model.

hfss non manifold edges

I have he same problem; an error message says "no manifold vertices found".
I don't thing that there is another way to draw my model.
Could anyone help me?

Thank you.
macala

non manifold edges hfss

Actually, I'm not sure whether I'm right.

But I was told that; if you're confident that you've drawn your structure in correctly, and you still get the above-mentioned error message. You can high-light the troublesome objects and do the HFSS option called "Heal Objects".

Try it! It might work, you'll never know! By the way, I think the message sometimes pop up when you have 2D objects sharing a common edge, or a loop within a loop. Hope these help.

BR,
Dave

non-manifold edge hfss

Hi!
Thanks a lot for your help.
I have a new problem now. I did the validation check and all was right, so I started the analysis, but during the initial mesh operation the simulation stops and a new error message appears: "Initial mesh, process mesh3D: error while opening or writing the mesh files".

Please, help me again!

Macala

Status
Not open for further replies.