Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate AWGN channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick_533

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
awgn channel model

Use Matlab for the project

The project is about GSM. While the standard modulation in GSM is GMSK, an 8-PSK modulation scheme was introduced later. The project is based on 8-PSK.

Simulate a AWGN channel and a demodulator. Assume perfect sampling and illustrate and discuss the performance of the modulator-channel-demodulator in terms of BER vs SNR.

Introduce sampling error by x% (choose x so that you get measurable results) and show and discuss the degradation in performance.

Replace the AWGN channel by a Rayleigh channel and repeat question . Choose user velocity properly to get interesting differences in performance. You may use the channel models you developed for your midterm or any other readily available matlab model.

awgn channel matlab

I'm not a matlab expert but I manage to do almost all I propose.
I always simulated AWGN by creating a venctor of random samples generated by some function (I dont remember the name) with gaussian density function.
Then, I add that vector to the signal vector and that's it.

awgn matlab

there is an inbuilt awgn functon in matlab...so u can use it to add AWGN to the i/p sig.see help for usage

else u can generate the complex awgn by simply rand(1,n)+j*rand(1,n) and then add it to your signal.

awgn matlab code

for your information, AWGN is not a channel but just noise. Channel can introduce delays and signal attenuation. AGWN cannot introduce delay and attenuation. To simulate channel, u may get a impluse response of a channel from any journals of IEEE transaction, then use conv() function with ur transmitted signal.

matlab awgn

When u talk of an AWGN channel ( with no other assumptions ), it simply means a channel that simply adds AWGN to the signal.... no delays and no attenuation is considered...But still it is a simple channel model...Off course, this doesn't happen in practice...So there are other channel models like Rayleigh that incorporate these effects.

simulink awgn

nick_533 said:
Use Matlab for the project

The project is about GSM. While the standard modulation in GSM is GMSK, an 8-PSK modulation scheme was introduced later. The project is based on 8-PSK.

Simulate a AWGN channel and a demodulator. Assume perfect sampling and illustrate and discuss the performance of the modulator-channel-demodulator in terms of BER vs SNR.

Introduce sampling error by x% (choose x so that you get measurable results) and show and discuss the degradation in performance.

Replace the AWGN channel by a Rayleigh channel and repeat question . Choose user velocity properly to get interesting differences in performance. You may use the channel models you developed for your midterm or any other readily available matlab model.

There exists a commenad in matlab called 'awgn'.

awgn channel

Why dont you use the blocksets avaliable in Simulink, I am sure that there are blockset for AWGN which you can use easily. Simulink is very helpful more than matlab coding to simulate communications systems as well as if there is a certain function that you can't find in the Simulink blockset, you can create a matlab function for it and embed it as a blockset inside your model.

Hope this helps.

simulink awgn channel

only matlab code i need...we shouldnt use simulink

awgn noise matlab

as people before me told, you use the awgn noise command in matlab and through its help you will be able to figure out how to use it.

awgn channel simulink

guys today is my final day for submission if any one of u r online plz lemme know

Status
Not open for further replies.