Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICs for measuring pulse energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivamit

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,
can you help me to find the energy of a signal .
my input is periodic but irregular in shape. the input amplitude varies from 0-500mV.
I'm using a microconverter with 243KSPS. Is there any standard ICs available to measure energy of signals.
Please Help!!!!!
I'm designing a 'system health monitor' where the value of this signal is very very important.

Re: Pulse Energy

Dear sivamit,

Why didn't you using oscillograph?

Best regards,

sivamit said:
Hi friends,
can you help me to find the energy of a signal .
my input is periodic but irregular in shape. the input amplitude varies from 0-500mV.
I'm using a microconverter with 243KSPS. Is there any standard ICs available to measure energy of signals.
Please Help!!!!!
I'm designing a 'system health monitor' where the value of this signal is very very important.

Pulse Energy

There are several IC's that give a DC output representing the RMS value of an input signal such as LTC1968. You need to check if the frequency range is suitable for your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.