Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent!Problem about a 1GHz PLL。&#

Status
Not open for further replies.

linlin

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
:!: I think my Pll has gone to its steady state because the output of PDF is unchanged. But the control voltage oscillate. Is there somebody who can tell me why the control voltage oscillate?

The wave is attached in the PPT. Thanks very much!

Re: Urgent!Problem about a 1GHz PLL。&a

I really need some guidance, please help~

linlin said:
:!: I think my Pll has gone to its steady state because the output of PDF is unchanged. But the control voltage oscillate. Is there somebody who can tell me why the control voltage oscillate?

The wave is attached in the PPT. Thanks very much!

q1,2> check the bandwith/Fref and damp factor of your pll; check your PDF dead zoom, the output of PDF1 is 0.7v when locked, does this pulse can open the charge pump?

q3> your PDF is not shown, if phase error is 180degree, PDF must have a big output, I think.

q4> check the high frequency divider, does your divider can work well at 1GHz?
the divide ratio from VCO out to feedback is right?

good luck!

fish

To butterfish: Thanks very much for your help. I didn't realise that the output of PFD1 is only 0.7V until you mention it. I don't know if it is the problem. I will check and give more details about my PLL. I am a novice in Analog Circuit design. Hope to get more help from you. Thanks very much for your kindness and patience.

Best regards,

Linlin

you are wellcome.
The PDF should be PFD.

fish

Status
Not open for further replies.