Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what to do with dead battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilele

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what to do with dead batteries

I know i should give it for recycle.
the battery is showing 8.5V
its is 12V SLA battery 7A from UPS of computer
can we recondition it so we can work for few days more.
overcharging again or something like that.
I have heard about conditioning or reconditioning of battery.
So it is possible in my case

recondition ups battery

If 12V battery can produce ≈8.5V means that it is dead and you can't do much about it ..

Regards,
IanP

sla battery recondition

Reconditioning applies mainly to NiCad batteries and is essentially a sequence of very deep discharge-charge cycles ..
This will have no effect on a lead-acid battery ..
You can try so called desufication but the results of desulfication are also not guaranteed ..
**broken link removed**
Does this really work ?
The results are coming in. Here are some typical comments:
Hello Alastair, I would like to thank you for such a neat product. I have reclaimed several batteries now that were junk. I have gathered up as many more as I can find and have them connected to an Air 403 for charging and running of the desulfator. Free batteries and free power, doesn't get much better than this. I have built several other desulfators for other people to use ..... thanks again for such a fantastic project. Ed Goddard Castle Dale, Utah.
I am pleased with the performance. Yours works faster than the $90 Pulse Tech unit I've had 3 years. George Ficklen Newport News, Va.
I can actually see etching into the sulfate crystals on top of the cells. Eric Wiggins. Thames, N.Z.
It looks as though this little device saved me $60.00. The white deposits have all but disappeared on the plates. Scott Sisson. Portland, Or.
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

revive ups battery

they say when you have a dead battery, you can apply a high voltage on it,
so that it would work again.......
i mean charging a high voltage on it...
it that a fact???
thx

reviving sla batteries

Hi.

Have a look at this

**broken link removed**

Hope it helps

recondition sla battery

I have come to know this Company in Singapore called Batterydoctors Asia from their website www.batterydoctorasia.com. Wanted to know how they can re-energize dead all type of lead acid battery, I called them up and bring along some of my dead batteries. Range from Automotive lead acid battery to my household Alkaline batteries. The staff are kind enough to prove their system and allow me to leave my dead batteries with them for re-energizing. The next day, I receive their call that the batteries I had given to them is ready to be used again. To my surprise, the automotive lead acid battery show a 10% higher capacity than the nominal capcity of the manufacturer. Also a package of dead alkaline AA and AAA batteries I have given to them is full in power to drive my digital camera. I tested that it attain 450 flashes before it go dead again. There is no doubt a new technology that can ready re-enegize all type of batteries from rechargeable type to primary cell without taking them apart. Simply the best!

re energized batteries

hey thers nothing more possible reviving a dead system up to date except dead people.

well anyway,

i alo tried reviving some of my motorcycle 12 volts battery

but not all of them were actually revive by desulfating or desulfation as they call it.

they are mantainance free batteries.

out of 10 pcs

only 6 of them get practically revive to the extent of at least 80% of their capacity but still working.

why not try using desulfation on your UPS battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back