Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schema III printer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Appleson

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
omation schema

Hi,

I've been using Schema III by Omation for years. I have lots of files that we refer to and would rather not "upgrade" at this time. Yes, I also use the slighty new stuff from Accel too.

But back to the problem. I can't make it print under XP. A few versions back I could get it to print in the "Schplot" mode under win2k. Just shell out to DOS and give it a command line like: schplot filename.p45 /r /e /0=lpt1 It would take off and print the page very nicely.

I've tried many things to make it work, but finely gave up on XP. So now I have a PC with just MS DOS 6.22 installed and the Schema program. BTW, I can view and edit the skats in XP but can't make them print. Mainly because we got a new monster xerox network printer that has no parrell port. Just USB and LAN.

So, it looks like I need a printer that will emulate Laser Jet III with a paraell port to attach to the DOS pc's port.

Does anyone have a better idea? Is there some software out there that will trick schema III to get it to print out to a USB printer?

Help
Best Regards
Pat
www.appleson.com

omation schema iii

Hi,

I've had good luck with "printing" to a file with the Postscript driver. I then use Ghostview or something similar to print under XP.

Very good resolution and seems to work with all usual printers.

Good luck!

John

www.JSTtech.com

schema iii on xp

Hi Pat,

I can offer to convert your SCHEMA III files to PCAD or Altium Designer.

John

www.JSTtech.com

Pat Appleson said:
Hi,

I've been using Schema III by Omation for years. I have lots of files that we refer to and would rather not "upgrade" at this time. Yes, I also use the slighty new stuff from Accel too.

But back to the problem. I can't make it print under XP. A few versions back I could get it to print in the "Schplot" mode under win2k. Just shell out to DOS and give it a command line like: schplot filename.p45 /r /e /0=lpt1 It would take off and print the page very nicely.

I've tried many things to make it work, but finely gave up on XP. So now I have a PC with just MS DOS 6.22 installed and the Schema program. BTW, I can view and edit the skats in XP but can't make them print. Mainly because we got a new monster xerox network printer that has no parrell port. Just USB and LAN.

So, it looks like I need a printer that will emulate Laser Jet III with a paraell port to attach to the DOS pc's port.

Does anyone have a better idea? Is there some software out there that will trick schema III to get it to print out to a USB printer?

Help
Best Regards
Pat
www.appleson.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back