Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Handling Capability of Microstrip device or antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

g86

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anybody tell me how to calculate the power handling capability of a microstrip antenna or device. Expecting some materials and close form equations.

Thanx in advance

:?: :idea: :!:

The best place for this information would be at
--> www.rogerscorporation.com

They have tables for various substrates.
I m using RT/duroid 6002 and we do not want
more than ~1.5KW (@2GHz) on our output power
combinder.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the information but I could not find it. Can you please give me the exact link.

:!: :idea: :?:

Element_115 said:
The best place for this information would be at
--> www.rogerscorporation.com

They have tables for various substrates.
I m using RT/duroid 6002 and we do not want
more than ~1.5KW (@2GHz) on our output power
combinder.

Hope this helps

rogers calculator

This program by rogers corp will show you the temperature rise in different transmission lines. From this temp rise per kW of power and the data sheet's maximum temperature limits you can back out power.

Oops.. this softy is really good but they are too professonal:( No option for custom material!! They think their product is only substrate that can be used.

Last a few days I am actually using a free substrate:). And have a plan not to use Rogers material until and unless some $ come to my pocket.

Does anybody know which substrate it is?........IT IS AIR

So i can just consider tan(delta) = 0.000 and the maximum power handling capability will depend upon the conductor loss mainly. Still I dont know "How people put stamp '20 Watt' on a power divider". Are they measured? Simulated? Calculated?

Now before starting with Rogers I should start with some cheaper soln where tan(delta) may be a critical factor and I do not have formulla with me to calculate the power handling capability. So my clients will put so many questions over me and thats why I should be prepared man.

Thanks and regards,

custom

The rogers program does allow custom parameters to be used. Just edit the parameter values. For FR4 the esubr is 4 and the loss tangent is about 0.02

Here's the path to the different types of materials, but
you must choose based on your requirements.
It is not an easy site to navigate but that's life.

Cheers

Re: custom

Thans a bag to both of you.

Yes I could use the rogers program. I am withdrawing my statement against them. Now me and my cliens will be happy.

BTW if anybody has any closeform equation then please PM me.

Have fun...RF is [Really Funny]

flatulent said:
The rogers program does allow custom parameters to be used. Just edit the parameter values. For FR4 the esubr is 4 and the loss tangent is about 0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back