Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me plss..it's about uvtron sensor n its driving circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

neskapeais

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
uvtron sensor

I used Hamamatsu UV Tron flame sensor to detect the presence of a candle flame with the C3704 driving circuit. Some modification has been made to the driving circuit in order to get stabile output signal. I’ve put a 1uF capacitor to increase the pulse width to 1 second. I’ve also attached 5V regulated supply wire (5.52V actually) to the hole marked “O”, ground wire to the “-“ and the signal wire to the “2” which is directly connected to the PIC microcontroller type PICF84A. I’ve measured the voltage from output 2 and got 5.52V. As I know, the voltage should decrease to 0V when the fire is on. Unfortunately, when I lighted on the fire, the voltage didn’t decrease to 0V as it should be. Did anything goes wrong with the driving circuit or did I do any wrong connection to the driving circuit? Can someone who had experiences using this kind of sensor help me to solve this problem? Thanks!

Re: help me plss..it's about uvtron sensor n its driving cir

You must be using C3704-02, which is the 5V version of the driver card ..
The +5V supply has to be connected to pin labelled "+", not "O", and why do you have 5.52V instead of 5V? According to the data sheet, this circuit if supplied of 5V should draw 300µA, have you measure/verified that?
Without the R2868 sensor connected, have you checked the presence of 350Vdc?

Regards,
IanP

Thanks for the reply. I haven't checked the presence of 350Vdc and also the 300uA current yet. For your information, Im doing the connection by referring to this website: **broken link removed**
May I know what's the different between C3704, C3704-02 and C3704-03? Thanks!

Different versions of the C3704 card use different supply voltage .. see table below ..
For example, your circuit is fed from 5V supply and therefore will not have the on-board 5V voltage regultor, but C3704 - the base version - and C3704-03 will have "constant voltage circuit" ..

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.