Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Conventional Watt-Hour vs Modern Digital Watt-Hour meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

powersys

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Would you pls share the advantages/disadvantages of both conventional watt-hour meter and modern digital watt-hour meter?

Which one is more susceptible to external magnetic field?

Say a hall-effect current sensor (e.g. ACS706 from Allegro Microsystem) is exposed to a magnetic field of 12000 G. Then, the magnetic field is removed. Do you think characteristics of the hall-effect current sensor will be drifted after the external magnetic field is removed?

Thanks.

Hi powersys...
sorry by the late...
I just can tell you the conventional watthour meter is designed, I mean all its structure for 60Hz, I mean just only senses sinusoidal signals...
The digital one has transformers... and maybe ADC, others are designed with uP or DSP...
reme,ber we are talking about watthourmeter, only about active power, in spite of loads, may can be linear or non linear

I think conventional does not detect harmonics but digital does...

Status
Not open for further replies.