Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

booster circuits use single inductor to make multiouput

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesmaster

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
who use single inductor to make multioutput in booster DCDC converrter.
Maybe we can talk about it.

traditional dcdc converter is to use a inductor to make a higher voltage . now i wonder how to design a booster with multioutput.For example ,the input is 1.5v, the output is 1.8v and 3.3v,but there is only a single inductor. it is a DCDC converter, not a AC/AC signal converter.. Sigmatel and phillips have some patents of the technique. i hope some experienced one can help me. u can refer to ST4141 spec for details.

anyone know it ?

I really need some help. anyone from sigmatel corp. ?

Another idea is to attach a capacitive doubler circuit to the switching node of a boost converter -- this can get you one or two additional output voltages (but only at +/- 2x, +/- 4x, etc... of the main regulated output voltage. See these Maxim App notes for schematics and a better explanation:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

thanks to llandar23

thanks for you kindly reply.
but charge pump can only afford very weak load. i need a suppy can suppy several hundreds of mA current

they use a synchronous boost converter - ie, the schottky diode is replaced by a pmos switch. on the first cycle, you boost to the first rail, on the second cycle you boost to the second rail.

it's just interleaved boosting. but for your low voltage rails I think charge pump might be the right idea - 200-300mA is not so much for a charge pump actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back